HIDTA Management Class - Wisdom of the (S)ages
An updated version of the HIDTA Management class was held on August 9-10 at the Biltmore Hotel in Miami. In addition to the course, a HIDTA Directors Committee and ONDCP Working Group meeting and an ‘executive overview’ WebPMP course were held on the following day at the same location. Event arrangements, registration and onsite coordination were handled by the NHAC.
The HIDTA Management course consisted of the following six modules (instructors and presenters in parentheses):
- The HIDTA Program (Shannon Kelly/Jay Fallon) including NHAC overview (Kathy Doran)
- The Executive Board (Abe Azzam)
- The HIDTA Director (Jack Killorin)
- Fiscal Management (Patricia Perez)
- Intelligence and Information Sharing (Mike Sena)
- Program Reporting (Tom Carr)
Other “senior” (sorry, guys!) HIDTA Directors who were course instructors included Jack Killorin, Jay Fallon, Tom Carr, and the not-so-senior, but been- around-awhile, Mike Sena. Participants also benefitted from other experienced voices in the HIDTA community who attended the class including Gary Grimm, Tony Garcia, and Gary Yabuta, just to name a few.